Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Shower Woes

I love a good shower.  A relaxing shower can make the worst of days a little better.

Our shower in Bethesda was wonderful, so I may be a little spoiled. It was spacious and never ran out of hot water.  It was consistent, and I miss it so.

This is our shower now:


One notable feature that cannot be adequately captured in a photograph: the shower head is meant for someone no taller than 5'4"... I am 5'7" and my husband is 6'3". Enough said.

The most excruciating aspect of this shower, however, is not visible...Unless you consider the hot and cold knobs accessories in this crime. The water temperature is evil.

No matter how perfect the temperature is set when I get in the shower, I will inevitably be injured in some way during the course of my bathing process.  Even if I try to shower in less than 5 minutes, at some point the water temperature will fluctuate drastically. It will literally be boiling through the pipes and burn whatever is in its path.  OR the water will turn into melted snow and immediately give me frostbite.

Basically the motel shower scares me, so I have developed a defense. If you listen VERY carefully, the pipes give a one second warning about the impending temperature change.  A higher pitch sound (think shhhhhh changing to shhiiiiii) means something bad is happening.  However, I usually panic so much upon hearing the different tone coming from the pipes that I nearly slip and fall on my way out of the shower stream.

I don't think this bathtub would be very forgiving:


So, for the next three and a half weeks, I am going to suck it up and take the abuse. I am grateful to have a shower :)

PS- I promise to post something nice about Fort Hood very soon... as soon as I can think of something :)






1 comment:

  1. Anna!!!! I have lost your phone number AND email address!! I miss you! Shoot them over to me so we can catch up!! I remembered you started this blog and it was my only way to find you. I have rid myself of Facebook, so that's out, ahha. Hope you and Mike are doing well :) MUAH!

    ReplyDelete