Sunday, January 20, 2013

Memphis

Michael and I were so lucky that my sister, Kendall, opened up her cute condo to us as we passed through last night on our way to Texas.  Not only was I able to get an amazing night's sleep on her guest bed (a huge accomplishment for me), but she and her boyfriend showed us the town for a little bit before we crashed early from the one hour time change.


First up was Rendezvous! A famous Memphis bbq place located on a back alley.  We sampled their ribs, brisket, cole slaw, and baked beans. Everything was amazing.  We also tried a golden ale from Ghost River Brewery.  Also very good!  Trying local beer is always on Michael's list of things to do in a new city, so we checked that box.


Next was a "Diver" from Silky's.  I was skeptical of the bucket with six very long straws poking out of it, and even more so when I saw the slogan ("Guaranteed to make you go down") and heard the back story (I will spare y'all the details of that one).  It turned out to be pretty tasty, though!  Not too sweet, with an aftertaste of vanilla.  However, I have no idea what was actually in it, so I can't completely vouch for it.

Lastly, when we got back to the condo to hang out, Kendall and Brad introduced us to Pisa Liqueur. It was yummy! Michael said that it tasted how almond extract smells... pretty accurate, I'd say.  It would be really good in a cup of coffee :)

Thanks Brad and Kendall for such an awesome whirlwind tour of your town!!

No comments:

Post a Comment