Saturday, January 26, 2013

Chili's

Last night, we were both exhausted from the week, but did not want to eat another meal sitting on one of the beds in our little room.

Luckily, there is a Chili's about 100 yards from our 'home' :)

I have never been a frequent customer of Chili's, and in fact, I cannot recall the last time I went to one.  In general, we prefer local establishments rather than chains, but yesterday, convenience prevailed!


First of all, I was very impressed by their margaritas!  Mine, on the right, was a Skinny Patron Margarita. It was exactly how I like them... barely sweet at all, fresh lime juice, and smooth tequila. Yum!  My husband's, on the left, was a Presidente Raspberry Margarita. It came with a shaker that was filled enough to refill his glass twice.  His was sweeter than mine, but the raspberries were definitely fresh.  We will definitely go back at some point during our time here at Fort Hood to have some margs again! Here is the link to Chili's online margarita menu, but for some reason, it does not list either of the ones that we tried.

We also ordered some roasted corn guacamole which was good, but the chips that went with it were not.  They were so thin that they broke nearly every time we dipped.

I had a sirloin and steamed broccoli.  Next time I would ask them to not salt my food... the steak and veggies were good, just way too salty!

Michael had a pasta dish that he really liked, and ate the leftovers for lunch today.  Win, win.

Overall, it was a really nice end to his first week of his Pediatric Clerkship!  His second week starts tomorrow at 6 am... I'll try to post an update sometime this week about what he is doing, considering that is what brought us here in the first place :)

No comments:

Post a Comment